[linux-dvb] Re: Status of HDTV5 lite?

GFarris wrote:
> I tried hooking up the sound cable to my aux in, then my CD in.  As I
> said, it works fine this way in windows.  Maybe I'm not configuring the
> alsa mixer correctly for CD in. My system sound is working fine.

Make sure you have the volume loud enough on the correct input in your
sound mixer... you might want to unmute them all and set the volume all
to max in order to find the correct input.

> I just today updated to 2.6.13 so I could compile the DVB stuff
> correctly, and I knew about the merge-trees script, but wasn't sure what
> it did.  This is great!  So all I have to do now is load dvb-bt8xx in
> addition to the merged BTTV stuff?

When using the tree-merging scripts with dvb-kernel, it works with
2.6.13, although it is not required.  The tree-merging scripts pull the
required code from dvb-kernel cvs into the video4linux,
backwards-compatable build environment.

> And finally, I googled HDTV5 lite about a month ago and came up with
> a thread about atscscan that you had written in this list, so I built my
> first linux box and after many nights with little sleep, I now have a
> great system using gentoo.

Congratulations!

> Thanks for your help,

Always a pleasure... btw, you cut off the cc's to the list in your last
reply... Please keep the lists cc'd when you're talking about this
stuff. (no need to apologize) As these lists are archived, this
conversation can help someone else in the future. :-D

-Mike Krufky

--
Michael Krufky