[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 12:33:35PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Marian,
>
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Marian Durkovic wrote:
> > > I have no idea why the transition from 1 to 0 helps, maybe changing of
> > > inversion resets some other internal parameters of STV 299B and the problem
> > > is in fact somewhere else (bad initialization settings or so).
> >
> > Ok, please test the attached patch.
> > It adds a transition of the inversion bit to the frontend driver.
>
> Did you test if this patch fixes the problem for you?

Johannes,

  as I've written in my previous mail, the reason for this problem is the
fine-tuning code in stv0299.c, which plays with derotator registers. If
I comment out this code, it's not needed to flip inversion anymore, since
the frontend does not hang at all.

	With kind regards,

		M.

----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----