[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

> Strange. Is the value of inversion always 0 in this case?

Yes, every succesfull tuning has inversion=0

> @all:
> Why could the frontend require a transition from 1 to 0?

Just two more observations:

1) When the standard driver code is used (no inversion changes during
retuning), after lost lock and unsuccessfull retuning the card gets
into state, that even the next normal full tuning takes long time - i.e.
the frontend is not able to tune at first attempt as usual (freq.offset=0,
inversion=0), but must cycle through complete zigzag and only tunes when
it returns to the freq.offset=0 and inversion transitions from 1 to 0.

2) The application must always use INVERSION AUTO, if retuning should
succeed. In other words, if you have INVERSION OFF in your .dvbrc
(or hardcoded in the application), retuning never happens.

I have no idea why the transition from 1 to 0 helps, maybe changing of
inversion resets some other internal parameters of STV 299B and the problem
is in fact somewhere else (bad initialization settings or so).

	With kind regards,

		M.