[linux-dvb] Any news on Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus support?

Hello everyone,

on this list, I recently read that Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus DVB-S card support
for Linux is about to be implemented (Steve Toth from Hauppauge, on
September 1st). Is there already any news on this issue? I'd be strongly
interested in this, since I own this card and want (=have) to run it under
Linux, otherwise only W2K and WinXP is supported, but not Win98SE :( ...

More generally speaking, I seem to have a problem with signal
strength/quality. I just don't manage to get a sufficient signal for a
Pinnacle PCTV Sat I also own. The following is the case:
- The HF signal level is by far sufficient, and inserting an additional
in-line amplifier does not do any good. So it's all about signal/noise
ratio.
- Under Win98, the best I could get was a "signal strength" (indicating
rather signal quality) display of about 60%. Still not enough to get a
continuous picture.
- Another digital stand-alone receiver attached to the very same antenna
socket shows a signal strength of ~95% and a signal quality of ~8.5 dB, what
is by far within the green range, and there are no noticeable dropouts.
- I did no excessive testing under Linux up to now, just found out that the
card is supported and managed to do a channel scan. No idea about signal
quality.
Maybe just as well the card is broken somehow. What do you think?

Ansgar, Munich