[linux-dvb] Airstar-HD5000-PCI LGDT330X frontend

Taylor Jacob wrote:
> Get my patch from
>
> http://www.digitalregime.com/patches/hd5000.patch

Taylor-

Very nice... It seems that I spoke too soon in my previous email.  I'm
glad that you've written a working driver for this board.

> The b2c2 driver in 2.6.13 AND dvb-kernel does NOT attempt to attach the lgdt3303
> frontend.. This patch above DOES..
>
> The patch above is against dvb-kernel, but may also apply decently against
> linux-2.6.13..
>
> I want to clean this patch up just a tad before submiting it officially for
> inclusion in dvb-kernel, but functionally that cleaned up patch will be the
> same as what you see above..

Please forgive me for nitpicking... I understand that this isn't the
final version of your patch for inclusion into dvb-kernel cvs.
Nonetheless, I have a few points to make:

1) Your dvb_pll_air2pc_hd5000 definition looks awfully close to
dvb_pll_tdvs_tua6034 ... Are you sure that this pll isn't in fact a
LG/Infineon TUA6034?  I suggest that you try using that instead... From
what I've seen, lgdt3303 seems to come packaged inside of a LG-H062F (or
LG-H061F) ... If yours is the same, then you should definately be using
dvb_pll_tdvs_tua6034 instead.

2) quoted:
+
+static int lgdt3303_set_ts_params(struct dvb_frontend* fe, int
is_punctured)
+{
+        return 0;
+}
+

Get rid of it... If your board doesnt use this, then don't fake it.

3) quoted:
+	.serial_mpeg      = 0x04,

lgdt3303 uses 0x40 for this setting... 0x04 is used by lgdt3302. Maybe
things are set up differently on your board?  Curious.

4) quoted:
+	.set_ts_params    = lgdt3303_set_ts_params,

Nix this also (see point #2).  It's okay to have an empty callback in
this case... Patrick has already committed a patch to lgdt330x.c that
checks if the callback is set before actually calling it.

Anything else that I can say about this can wait until you officially
submit it.  I just thought I'd let you know about those points, because
I noticed them right away.

> If you have further questions please let me know..

Good stuff ;-)

--
Michael Krufky