[linux-dvb] [patch] Compro DVB-T300 and 200 card support

Hi, Andy

> Done. First time I did 'modprobe saa7134 oss=1' it autodetected the card.
> Now it's gone back to "Unknown/Generic" so I'm having to explicitly set it
> with the 'card=71' option. I can live waith that tho! :)

I saw this phenomenon in a report from Patrick. There seems to be something
on the board i don't know about yet. Maybe its an eeprom with the firmware.
We have to learn how to control it later.

> Kernel 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4. Ran "get_dvb_firmware tda10046" and copied the
> resulting "dvb-fe-tda10046.fw" to /lib/firmware. As I understand that's all
> I need to do, although I can't see any indication in /var/log/messages of it
> actually being loaded...

Hm, this might depend on the distribution you use. For me, the location has to
be /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

You might be fooled by this: The driver deals with the firmware when the
device gets opened, so i.e. when you start tzap. Then you will find the
appropriate messages and in your case hopefully the failed download.
Please check.

> Anyway, into mythtv-setup - and it acknowledged that the card existed
> (woo!). However a channel search resulted in no channels found; during the
> search SNR was fluctuating between 60-100% but signal strength was fixed
> firmly at 0%.
>
> This could be the cheapo antenna cable I'm using but I wont be in the same
> physical location as the machine for a couple weeks so I cant change it atm!
> But could someone let me know how I can find out whether the firmware is
> actually loading or not...? Even with cheap cable I'd expect to see a tiny
> bit of signal strength...

Maybe, but the chip yust tells nonsens until it is initialized (and locked)

Good luck
    Hartmut