[linux-dvb] [patch] Compro DVB-T300 and 200 card support

> I just commited updates to the video4linux CVS that add support for:
>   - Philips EUROPA reference design
>   - Compro VideoMate DVB-T300
>   - Compro VideoMate DVB-T200

Nice job Hartmut! :)

> Please note that i don't have the Compro Cards, i need your help for
> testing. Especially the support for the DVB-T200 is very preliminary.
> For the same reason, i can't implement the remote control - i have no
> means to test.

I have a T200 - if you need any details or want me to run any tests, let me
know...

> To get it up, please do the following:
> - get CVS snapshots of video4linux and dvb-kernel from www.linuxtv.org
> - cd to video4linux and run scripts/merge-trees.sh
> - check the Make.config file
> - run make, make install
> - do "modprobe saa7134 oss=1"
> - do "modprobe saa7134-dvb"

Done. First time I did 'modprobe saa7134 oss=1' it autodetected the card.
Now it's gone back to "Unknown/Generic" so I'm having to explicitly set it
with the 'card=71' option. I can live waith that tho! :)

> You will need at least kernel 2.6.11. For the DVB-T200, you will also
> need firmware. Please check the Documentation/dvb directory in the
> kernel source how to obtain and install it.

Kernel 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4. Ran "get_dvb_firmware tda10046" and copied the
resulting "dvb-fe-tda10046.fw" to /lib/firmware. As I understand that's all
I need to do, although I can't see any indication in /var/log/messages of it
actually being loaded...

Anyway, into mythtv-setup - and it acknowledged that the card existed
(woo!). However a channel search resulted in no channels found; during the
search SNR was fluctuating between 60-100% but signal strength was fixed
firmly at 0%.

This could be the cheapo antenna cable I'm using but I wont be in the same
physical location as the machine for a couple weeks so I cant change it atm!
But could someone let me know how I can find out whether the firmware is
actually loading or not...? Even with cheap cable I'd expect to see a tiny
bit of signal strength...

Regards,

Andy