[linux-dvb] Pinnacle sat and typhoon pci tv tuner

Nando Romano wrote:

>Hi
>
>thanks for your suggestion

Nando- I hope you don't mind that I cc'd this to the list -- I just
couldn't resist.  Also, I am hoping that the next guy sees this email
and finds the answer, rather that emailing more people for help (when
the answer is in front of him).

>Sorry if I contact you directly
>I don't know if I have to send this mail on the
>mailing list.

see my comments on that below.

>I have a suse 9.2 pro with kernel 2.6.8-24 smp
>Can I follow your instruction in this howto:
>http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS
>?

...There's only one way to find out...

>I don't have a good, fast and stable connection  so I
>can't use cvs

why not?  cvs does not require a fast connection

>Is there an alternative way to do it?
>How can I replace the comand cvs with another?

There are snapshots, but AFAIK, they will not work with the tree-merging
scripts...  Why not just follow directions?

K.I.S.S. - (keep it short & simple)  ... it actually means (keep it
simple, stupid) but I think that isnt very nice ;-)

>Thank for all suggestion
>
>best regard
>
>nando
>
>PS Do you think I have to send this mail on the
>mailing  list
>--- Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> ha scritto:

I dont use SuSE, but maybe others do... Sending the email to me
privately will get you an answer like this one.  Sending publicly on the
list might get you some other answers, but I would try this first.

Nobody likes answering questions that you can answer yourself (with
google, or) by trying the recommended method.

Good Luck,

MiKE Krufky