[linux-dvb] 8PSK cards

Robert Schlabbach wrote:

>From: "Jim Jowski" <jowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

>>Anyone have a list of dealers for 8psk cards?
>>

>Do you mean for DVB-S2 reception? I haven't seen cards either, only heard
>of two DVB-S2 demodulator chips: The Conexant CX24116 ($25 a piece) and the
>ST Microelectronics STB0899 ($12 a piece).
>
>Reaction from PC card makers seems to be: "There are only encrypted
>services transmitted via DVB-S2 right now for which there are no CAMs
>available, so why bother making a DVB-S2 card for the PC?"
>
>Regards,
>--
>Robert Schlabbach

Ah, I see where this is going.  If 8PSK can be kept as an 'encrypted
pretty much all the time' modulation method, then the "demand" for 8PSK
reception products will only be from providers of the signals that are
8PSK modulated.  Therefore, no consumer cards and less risk of signal
theft.  Interesting...

Thanks,
Jim Jowski

Words to live by for all of us                   | /~\ The ASCII
http://medjugorje.hr.nt4.ims.hr                  | \ / Ribbon Campaign