[linux-dvb] Possible buffer overflow in dst driver

Sigmund Augdal wrote:

>>You might as well as put a printk at the very end of dst_get_device_id()
>>to check the status of state->dst_hw_cap at that point.
>>

>Tried this. At that point state->dst_hw_cap is 55.

Hex or decimal. ? and rxbuffer ?

In either case DST_TYPE_HAS_SESSION is unset at that point. So it
changes in your case after dst_get_device_id() and not in there.

can you try it, now at the end of dst_probe, the same thing. Only a few
functions are called before dst_ca_attach() is called. Just try what the
value is at the end of each function. You will come to know where the
value is getting changed, and thus we can pinpoint the bug, if it exists.

>I also have a couple of other problems I hope you (or the list can
>comment on (the sooner the better)):
>Is there a limit to the number of such cards one could place in the same
>computer?

IIRC, limitation is i believe 6 cards.

>Is there a way to load the tuner and tveeprom modules from both dvb and
>the ivtv project at the same time?

haven't tried that. Why don't you try it out. Maybe you can share your
results of your tests on the list.

Regards,
Manu