[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 M. Fiegert wrote:
> I think I have the same problem. The patch did not help for me.
>
> I moved my good working 2 card (1 FF DVB-s, 1 nova DVB-s) System (2.4 Kernel,
> vdr 1.2.6) to another computer (Suse 9.3 with dvd drivers in that kernel, vdr
> 1.3.30). After a short time (some min to some hours) I
> get a heavily distorted picture, hearing only fragments of the sound. Without
> intervention this stayes forever. A switch to another transponder cures this,
> but usually the remote does not respond anymore. A restart of vdr brings back
> good picture.
>
> If I start vdr with D=0 disabling the nova card there are no problems!
> (thats how I currently run vdr).
> As said before, the patch did not help unfortunatly.
> Any advice, how I can track this down?

I believe that the sluggish behaviour of the remote is a vdr problem in
transfer mode when the source (budget) card has receiption problems.

As to why you have receiption problems on the budget card, I have no
idea but it sounds different fro the original poster's problem.

Johannes