[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

Am Montag, 29. August 2005 01:00 schrieb Johannes Stezenbach:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 Marian Durkovic wrote:
> >   I found a big thread on linux-dvb list couple of months old, about
> > problems with retuning after lost lock.

> >   Finally I found the reason - it's the following code in dvb_frontend.c:
> >
> >                         /* if we're tuned, then we have determined the
> > correct i nversion */
> >                         if ((!(fe->info->caps & FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO))
> > && (fe->parameters.inversion == INVERSION_AUTO)) {
> > fe->parameters.inversion = fe->inversion; }
> >
> >   If this is commented out, the frontend is able to retune.
>
> Has anyone had time to look into this? Anyone else seeing the
> problem, and if yes does that change fix it?

I think I have the same problem. The patch did not help for me.

I moved my good working 2 card (1 FF DVB-s, 1 nova DVB-s) System (2.4 Kernel,
vdr 1.2.6) to another computer (Suse 9.3 with dvd drivers in that kernel, vdr
1.3.30). After a short time (some min to some hours) I
get a heavily distorted picture, hearing only fragments of the sound. Without
intervention this stayes forever. A switch to another transponder cures this,
but usually the remote does not respond anymore. A restart of vdr brings back
good picture.

If I start vdr with D=0 disabling the nova card there are no problems!
(thats how I currently run vdr).
As said before, the patch did not help unfortunatly.
Any advice, how I can track this down?

Michael