[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV 300i: tuner module not supported yet ?

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Vesa Voutilainen wrote:

> Stupid, stupid me...

Hi Vesa and the list,

> I am very sorry Rainer for the extra work I caused.

No problem, you are welcome.

Someone who is able to read has got an advantage, as I always say. :-)

I didn't really notice you have got the 310i either.

> Tried new kernel, took a pause and then started searching more info.
>
> Then I found this:
>
> /...
> To: Linux and Kernel Video <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Pinnacle PCTV 310i PAL (w/ DVB-T, FM and IR-2.5mm)
> From: Pedro Palhoto Matos <plpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:54:20 +0100
> With an "lspci -v" command, this is what I got:
>
> 0000:00:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA713X Audio+video
> broadcast decoder (rev d0)
>        Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc.: Unknown device 002f
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
>        Memory at dfffb800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
>        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
> .../
>
> Looks pretty much like mine...

Yes it does !

> And reply is
>
> /...
>
> Hi, Pedro
>
> Your card is not yet supported by the video4linux drivers since the
> TDA8275A tuner is not supported yet. This card is very different from
> the 300i.

So that is your real problem at the moment.

[...]

> So, my card is not what I thought it to be and there's no drivers around yet.
>
> Sorry for this, it seems I'll have to wait for a while.
>
> Vesa

September is not too far away anymore, isn't it ?

Regards,
Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert - Linux TV User