[linux-dvb] RFC: DVB patch for Inkling's pchdtvr

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not familiar with dvbsnoop,
sounds useful I'll have to give it a try.
There's even a Debian package for it,
what do you know :)

> I get this only with pcdhtv HD-3000 card and
> not with my DVB-C card.  There is
> something wrong with buffer management or
> interrupt in the cx88xx driver.

I'm using 2.6.12.3 here with the HD3000 and it
captures OK from OTA 8VSB ATSC, I don't have cable.
At least it captures always OK using the dvb-apps.
I'm still learning the DVB API to get pchdtv to
work correctly, hence my questions on the list.

The interrupt troubles you're having sound similar
to those in this post:
http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=933

> I'm no expert so I'm pulling this out of you know where...

Eh, me neither. I think I might have goofed up
the demux part of my patch. It might be that setting
DMX_IMMEDIATE_START like I've done, causes the
demux buffer to start filling, and instead I should
do a DMX_START ioctl just before I start the
capture, instead. That might explain the EOVERFLOW
I'm getting when I read the first block.
I'll give it a try, back to the drawing board...

> I'm usually recording full transport, so I need
> to try to do this on 1 pid
> only if this happens as well.

The HD3000 card would still need to transfer the
entire stream across the PCI bus, it doesn't do
any hardware filtering afaik. So I don't see why
setting the PIDs would make any difference to how
it behaves.

Cheers,
Peter.