[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV5

Mac Michaels wrote:
> I own an ATI Radeon X800 XL 256 AGP. It is supposed to have
> support for MEPG2. The linux driver from ATI does not
> support it at all. It doesn't even support the dual head
> capabilities of my card. ATI technical support for linux is
> non existant. They do not answer questions with useful
> information. DO NOT buy an ATI card.
>
> So far I can not get HDTV to work on my ATI card because the
> ATI binary driver does not allocate enough DRI buffer space
> to hold a 1920x1080 image. Lower resolutions work fine.

Mac-

Your ATI board is much beefier that my on-board ATI RADEON IGP 9100, and
I don't have the problem that you're talking about at all.  In fact, I
have already told you that I am getting amazingly perfect HDTV video in
1080i.  Maybe you should switch away from the binary driver and try the
radeon driver in the kernel.
--
Michael Krufky