[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with TT DVB-C 1500 (saa7146 + stv0297) and QAM128

On Saturday, August 20, 2005 2:34 PM,
Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have another (QAM128-proofed) stv0297-driver in a fork of the
> dvb-kernel CVS (can be found on my website), which contains the
> changes to get it working with the CableStar2 card. I just don't have
> the time to include the changes to dvb-kernel. If you want to take a
> look and maybe try to get this stv0297-version working with your TT
> card, it would be helpful for solving the qam128 issue finally.

Thanks for the info. I tried to to compare the code with the current CVS and
looked quite different. With my very little knowledge of programming and
understanding how the DVB system works I wasn't able to tell which parts
could make the difference with QAM128. :-\ So, I'm afraid I can't do much
with it. :-(

If I want to try to compile your version of the dvb-kernel and test the code
(and try to add what's missing to get it work with my card), which kernel
version I should use? Currently I'm using 2.6.13-rc6 and I read in an
earlier message from you that the code isn't compatible with it.

--
Toni Lindroos <tonilind.ml@*NOSPAM*nic.fi>
Turku, Finland