[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with TT DVB-C 1500 (saa7146 + stv0297) and QAM128

Hi Toni,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Toni Lindroos wrote:
> I finally got my TT DVB-C 1500 card and (not surprisingly) tuning isn't
> working the way it should be with QAM128 (I'm using kernel 2.6.13-rc3 and
> dvb-kernel from cvs). Disabling the corner detection and adding about 10
> seconds to every timeout in stv0297.c helped enough to get a channels.conf
> generated from scan but tuning is still *very* unreliable and very slow if it
> works at all. Looks like it gets a lock on some channels easier than others.
> Has someone tried and found some reasonably working timeout values for
> stv0297.c and what are they? I'm still playing with them but it's quite
> frustrating without knowing more about how the driver and tuning process
> work.
>
> I've been trying to search the archives for anything even remotely related to
> this problem but nothing I've have found haven't helped to solve the problem
> so far.
>
> Is there a complete datasheet for stv0297 available (just e-mail it to me, if
> you have one...)? Is it waste of time to ask help from Technotrend to solve
> this issue or have they been helpful in the past? The problem seems to be
> that there are no dvb driver developers who can access a network with QAM128
> - so any official information (register values etc.) should be useful.

I have another (QAM128-proofed) stv0297-driver in a fork of the dvb-kernel
CVS (can be found on my website), which contains the changes to get it
working with the CableStar2 card. I just don't have the time to include
the changes to dvb-kernel. If you want to take a look and maybe try to get
this stv0297-version working with your TT card, it would be helpful for
solving the qam128 issue finally.

best regards,
Patrick.

--