[linux-dvb] 2 bt878 boards: DVB board works, but analog board has no audio

Bob Ham wrote:

> I?ll try a different approach. Is there anybody here that has both a
> dvb and analogue bt878 card in the same machine?

No, you are taking the wrong approach... I took a look at your other
thread. Let's try this way instead.

One card at a a time...

1) Is it true that the DVB board works correctly as expected when it is
the only bttv board in your machine?

For now, I will assume that the answer is yes, but please test to confirm.

2) Is it true that the analog board produces no audio at all when it is
the only bttv board in the system?

If your answer is no, and you DO get audio when using this card alone,
then we have a problem caused by the presence of both cards.... However,
I suspect that you will not get any audio when using this card alone,
just as when using it with both boards.

One again, please test this to confirm.

Here is where the instructions fork:

If audio works when using the analog card alone, then put back in both
cards, and respond to this email, explaining the results of your test.
We will have to figure out what is causing this conflict... Perhaps, try
putting the analog card in the slot that the DVB board used to be in,
and vice-versa.

IF, however, audio does NOT work when using the analog card alone, then
that means that this is a problem with the analog v4l driver. Please
subscribe to the video4linux mailing list. Info located at: