[linux-dvb] Anysee E30 USB2 DVB-T support?

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 Pekka.Panula@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have this new Anysee E30 USB2 DVB-T device. It seems there is currently
> no drivers for Linux?

No not yet. If we are lucky it is just a clone of a device where a driver
already exists. We have to find out!

Do you have an URL of the Manufacturer?

Can have a look on the Windows driver CD for the driver's .inf-files? Can
you please post them or put them online and send the URL?

> Here is what listusb says:
> Bus 001 Device 006: ID 04b4:861f Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
> Device Descriptor:
>  bLength                18
>  bDescriptorType         1
>  bcdUSB               2.00
>  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>  bDeviceSubClass         0
>  bDeviceProtocol         0
>  bMaxPacketSize0        64
>  idVendor           0x04b4 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
>  idProduct          0x861f

So the actual manufacturer didn't have the time to get an own USB Vendor
ID and abuses the one of Cypress. The Product ID is not listed in the USB
ID list on linux-usb.org, so at least this is kind of unique.

>  bcdDevice            1.00
>  iManufacturer           1 AMT.CO.KR

So www.amt.co.kr is a website of a company doing something with
DVB/Digital TV.

Did you get that lsusb -v right after plugging in the device or after a
warm-start from Windows? To question is actually if this device needs a
firmware to load. This can be answered with the help of the .inf-files.

To get more information of the kind of the device (if it is a clone or a
"new" kind) the easiest way is to do some usb-logging in Windows.

I would recommend you to use usbsnoop from
http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/.

While having the usbsnoop-program running (and the filter installed) plug
in the device and instruct the Windows program to do a channel scan. You
will see the usbsnoop.log-file growing.
When done with the scanning, compress the file, put it somewhere online
and send the URL.

Also every other technical detail (high-res picture of the innards, and
descriptions and labels from the box's case) can be helpful, too. But the
usbsnoop-log is the most important help.

Good luck with gathering all this information,
Patrick.