[linux-dvb] DVB-S Telstar 5

Christophe,

thanks for the info.  I've tried lots of different numbers and setting,
but kaffeine still cannont tune DVB.

I'm trying to look at stuff on Intelsat Americas 5,  also known as
Telstar5  97.0W

I try to make a Telstar5 with this in it:
S 11836000 V 20765000 2/3

but, when I select that in device settings and then try to scan for
channesl in the channels dialogue, it polls for a while, but nothing
returns.

---

Under windows I can watch this channelf for example: Rang-a-Rang TV (NY)

Freq:  11836
Sym Rate: 20765
Polarity: V
FEC 2/3

VPID: 60
APID: 61
Service ID: 8
Transport stream id: ??

my reference is this:
http://www.satcodx7.com/2630/eng/

But, I punch those numbers in by hand as a new channel in kaffeine's
channel editor.  but, nothing can be tuned.

----

one other thing I had to do under windows is set the LNB to 10750 Mhz
I also had to disable the DiSEqC.
Is there anywhere in kaffeine where I can set an LNB freq?

I only want Free To Air channels that are not scrambled.

any other tips?

thanks a million.   -august.