[linux-dvb] DVB-S Telstar 5

Le Jeudi 04 Ao?t 2005 22:14, august a ?crit?:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The best way is to just make one up from lyngsat's web pages.
> >
> > _J
>
> can you tell me how to do that?
> I don't know what the numbers mean.
>
> I see in kaffeine channels that they have files such as "Astra-19.2E" with
> this in it:
>
> # Astra 19.2E SDT info service transponder
> # freq pol sr fec
> S 12551500 V 22000000 5/6
>

> Can you tell me how to set this up so it looks at the Telstar5 satellite?

Create a new file ( take an existing one as start point ), follow the naming
scheme.

a line starting with # is a comment.

S : means sattelite ( T=terrestrial, C=cable )
12551500 : is the frequency in Khz ( lyngsat will give Mhz = 12551 )
V : is the polarity (V for vertival, H for horizontal )
22000000 : symbol rate ( lyngsat will give 22000 )
5/6 : is the fec (forward error code)

You can give several line ( ulimited ) in kaffeine's initial tuning data file,
e.g.

S 11650 H 27500 5/6
S 12120 V 22000 2/3

Kaffeine will then try to tune to these transponders in turn, to be able to
read the NIT (Network Information Table) that contains a list of available
transponders on that sat. Kaffeine will then tune to all these to retrieve
channels info. The problem is that the NIT differs from one transponder to
another (and sometimes it's simply not carried ). So on each listed
transponder Kaffeine will also read the NIT trying to find new ones. So you
will have to find the right beginning one(s) to get a full channel list. Or
give all transponders listed on lyngsat's Telstar5 page :)

When done, open Kaffeine dvb config dialog ( CTRL+C ) and choose your new file
in the list for "Sattelite 1", and click "OK". Now go to the channels dialog
( C ) and click the "Start scan" button, and wait (it could take some
minutes :). Have a look at Kaffeine handbook for details.

When you have a good init file ( follow the naming scheme ), send it to
linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx, so it will be added to the database.

--
Christophe Thommeret