[linux-dvb] KNC1 DVB-S Plus

On Saturday 30 Jul 2005 17:37, Julian Scheel wrote:
> Am Samstag, 30. Juli 2005 18:23 schrieben Sie:
> > On Saturday 30 Jul 2005 15:39, Julian Scheel wrote:
> > > Am Samstag, 30. Juli 2005 16:24 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > If I add 1894:0011 to the pci_device_id-list, I get a dvr, demux and
> > > net device. But no frontend. Is there any frontend for this card?
> >
> > I assume you get something like "budget-av: A frontend driver was not
> > found" in the dmesg?
> >
> > Could you also run i2cdetect from lm_sensors on it's i2c bus please so we
> > can see what hardware is on there?
>
> Indeed, that's the error I get - Although I don't see, why I get this
> error, because the sub-id is 0011 which is listet in the budget-av.c

yeah, that is a bit weird! Unless they've changed frontend hardware of
course...

> Here is the dump of i2cdetect (is it normal that it consists mainly of XX?)
>
> ------
>   WARNING! This program can confuse your I2C bus, cause data loss and
> worse! I will probe file /dev/i2c-0.
>   I will probe address range 0x03-0x77.
>   You have five seconds to reconsider and press CTRL-C!
>
>      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
> 00:          XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 10: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 20: XX XX XX XX XX 25 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 30: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 40: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 50: 50 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 60: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
> 70: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

Hmm, strange, I  thought the SH-2 frontend had an stv0299b in it... in which
case you should see it at 0x68. Thats your problem though - it isn't seeing
the stv0299b chip on the i2c bus.

0x50 is probably an EEPROM. Not sure what the device at 0x25 would be.

Can you definitely see an stv0299 chip onboard - might be inside the tuner.

Am I right in thinking your board has an analogue input as well?