[linux-dvb] Kernel Oops with vanilla 2.6.12.3

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 Hanno Mueller wrote:
> I'm running a vanilla 2.6.12.3 kernel. This is the second time I see a
> kernel oops in recent times, but this time I was lucky enough that
> something ended in my syslog, see the attachment.
>
> My hardware are 1 old ff siemens card and 2 new nova-t budget cards
> (conexant revision). I'm running a plain Debian with vdr 1.3.17 from the
> e-tobi vdrdevel binary distribution (package version 1.3.17-9).

I can't make much sense out of the stack trace. Especially
that the EIP is at cache_flusharray lets me think that
this has nothing to do with DVB.

You could try to enable some of the debug options in the
"kernel hacking" section to get more meaningful traces,
especially CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER. A nightly run of
memtest86 wouldn't hurt, too.

Johannes