[linux-dvb] ves1820 FEC, have problems with cable provider

Hi,

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, thomas schorpp wrote:

> 3. pls provide technical arguments for your claim.

Uh, sorry, I meant no offense. I just wanted to confirm your observations.

I was using the ves1820-based FF card for one year successfully (no
problem on any frequency). Then it begins to have problems with some
frequencies. At first I assumed physical cable problems, but it wasn't the
case... From day to day it got worse, up to that even the former good
frequencies have become distorted.

To check if it is my cable connection's fault or a hardware failure of the
ves1820, I got a stv0297-based DVB-C card and _every_ frequency available
was _very_ good again, with the same cable.

So I assume the ves1820-based board has some kind of hardware failure
which is raising steadily.

Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx