[linux-dvb] ves1820 FEC, have problems with cable provider

Le Dimanche, 24 Juillet 2005 11:54, thomas schorpp a ?crit?:
[..]
> > Yep. Everything is working right. So what is your issue?
>
> yes, but only that time and that channel.

[...]
> this is the issue (several hours a day):
>
> kabelbw karlsruhe + mannheim:

[...]
> schorpp@tom1:~$ femon
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0'
> FE: VLSI VES1820 DVB-C (CABLE)
[...]
> status 1f | signal ffff | snr d1d1 | ber 006511de | unc ffffffff |
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal ffff | snr d5d5 | ber 006511de | unc 00000071 |
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal ffff | snr cfcf | ber 006511de | unc ffffffff |
> FE_HAS_LOCK

> strange signal interferences snr leading to high ber and unc blocks.
>
> picture distorted, high level bursts on audio killed a tweeter coil of
> my expensive audio equipment last week. the power amps protection
> circuits are too slow for that.
[..]
> any opionions/comment?

First, you are running femon while having your adapter used by some software,
right (e. g. czap, ..) ? If I run femon without an app. using the card, I get
that signal 'ffff'.

That said, I also had this kind of problems with some channels at some hours
of the day. The transponders around 300 MHz would always work fine but the
ones over 500 MHz only between 21h - 08h. I could get the latter almost
working all day by plugging the dvb-c card directly to the wall outlet with a
short cable.

So I guessed the signal strength was not high enough for my card on the higher
frequencies. I bought an antenna amplifier and that solved my problem.

Christian