[linux-dvb] Re: IRQ issues with Nova-S CI when using CI Module

On Friday 15 July 2005 08:54, Michael Ditum wrote:
> We've managed to fix the issue and the card is now running quite
> happily without any messages going to /var/log/messages
>
> We only modified a couple of lines, basically we comment out the line
> that says it supports IRQ's so the polling section is reached and then
> instead of directly calling the dvb_ca_en50221_read_data function we
> wake the thread that calls it.
>
> I've attached the patch to the latest CVS drivers.

Hi, thanks for the patch. However I decided to implement it in a different way
so that the IRQ mode is still preserved. I've converted it to use read/write
spinlocks instead of semaphores since they are usable from within an
interrupt context. Let me know if this causes any problems and I'll fix them.