[linux-dvb] Re: any news on the Hauppauge/TT Nova-S SE driver ?

> About the slow locking of this card, I feared that this behaviour I
> noticed in windows would be repeated in linux, but I still hope that
> some tweaking is still possible (as opposite to windows drivers, where I
> never expect something to get any better, because nobody cares...), what
> do you think? Anyway, can't wait to test it tonight, to see for myself
> and compare. In windows for example, theese problems are especially
> visible when switching from one diseqc input to another, and I'm sure it
> has nothing to do with the diseqc switch itself, it's not about being
> slow, it's actually not locking at all, I have to switch back and forth
> several times until I see a signal again.

Hmm, I'm having very weird behaviour with it!

On some frequencies (e.g. 11777000/V/27500 on hotbird), it locks fairly
quickly now I've fixed the code a bit more.

On others (e.g. 11345000/H/27500 on hotbird), it doesn't lock at all.. its
like it doesn't even see a signal.

The voltage setting is fine - I've checked with a voltmeter. As far as I can
tell the 22kHz tone is working as well although I cannot measure it to check.

For some reason it only sees a signal for FEC 2/3 channels - very strange - I
mean if I'd broken the FEC settings, I should still see a signal. However,
the 11345000 above is 2/3 and it cannot see it either :(

I've got another card (stv0299) in the machine, and it works fine with all
frequencies (same dish).