[linux-dvb] Re: any news on the Hauppauge/TT Nova-S SE driver ?

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 July 2005 11:00, Lucian Muresan wrote:
>
>>Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, I've been playing about with it, and I think the bug must be in the
>>>s5h1420.c frontend code... as far as I can see the LNB chip setup & PLL
>>>tuning should be fine, so I'll get on with debugging the rest soon.
>>
>>Hi, that's good to hear, that you have some time for this again :-)
>

> Hi, I've got the version in CVS locking now - its a bit slow and I need to add
> some missing functionalilty, but if you want to have a play...

Hi, thanks, I did want to try this right away in the morning before
going to work, but then I saw it requires kernel 2.6.13-rc_something,
and I have only an "official" gentoo-patched 2.6.12. I will switch to
vanilla or mm tonight, hopefully I can use the same config there and
won't break anything, but hey, thanks for your work so far!

About the slow locking of this card, I feared that this behaviour I
noticed in windows would be repeated in linux, but I still hope that
some tweaking is still possible (as opposite to windows drivers, where I
never expect something to get any better, because nobody cares...), what
do you think? Anyway, can't wait to test it tonight, to see for myself
and compare. In windows for example, theese problems are especially
visible when switching from one diseqc input to another, and I'm sure it
has nothing to do with the diseqc switch itself, it's not about being
slow, it's actually not locking at all, I have to switch back and forth
several times until I see a signal again.

Cheers,
Lucian