[linux-dvb] knc1 DVB-S tuning issues

Hi Julian,

Pe data de Sunday 17 July 2005 00:27, Julian Scheel a scris:
> It seems like the guys from itvmedia.de did some modifications to the
> driver, because they don't get the problem (I had a box here and tried
> it with the exact same card, that makes the problems in my machine). I
> allready asked them to send me their kernel/dvb-sources, but didn't got
> an answer yet.

We (deuromedia) have done the dvb support for itvmedia. We had the same tuning
problems on ARD for a long time. Somebody at itvmedia asked Andrew de Quincey
to take a look at this, but as far as I know, he didn't find a solution yet.

There are no modifications to the driver, we use the sources from kernel
2.6.11.

The "solving" of the tuning problem is actually this sequence:
- try FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD / FE_SET_FRONTEND ioctls about 6 times each;
- after every FE_SET_FRONTEND, read status 10 times;
Between every ioctls, usleep (50000) - this interval I found somewhere in an
old libdvb from Metzler brothers, IIRC.

We had this problem most often on ARD (11836 MHz on astra), also sometimes on
ZDF.vision (11954), but strangely, never on RTL (12188). First tuning
operation after starting the machine was the most problematic (status 0x1f on
ard after ~40 read_status operations, if we were lucky).
We replaced the knc with a wintv nova, this one always reported a nice 0x1f at
the first fe_read_status. So definately it was a problem with the card, not
some external cause.

I hope this helps.

Bye,
Adriana

--
Adriana GALMEANU

tel: +40-268-411916, +40-268-411911, +40-722-462075
fax: +40-268-412059
mail: Adriana.Galmeanu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.deuromedia.ro, www.deuromedia.com
www.deuromedia.de, www.the-viewer.com