[linux-dvb] Firmware upload failed (fwd)

Hi Johannes,

l?rdag 16. juli 2005, 03:10, skrev Johannes Adams:
> As I said before, everything works fine now, but still I have a question:
>
> When I insert the PC-Card, only the drivers for normal television are
> loaded, not for DVB-T. So here is my question: how do I load the module
> saa7134_dvb automatically when I insert the card? The problem is that I
> want to enable other users on this labtop who have access to the TV-card
> to watch television...

The saa7142_dvb could be loaded in /etc/modules on debian (distro specific).

I'm suspecting that the 'normal television' modules is capturing the
hotplug 'spot' though. If I where you, I would look into modules.conf
configuration, but as this is very distro specific I'll just touch the
basics.

In my modules.conf I have lines like:

post-install snd-es968 /lib/alsa/modprobe-post-install snd-es968

But you may need to put them into /etc/modutils/ or similar
to make them take effect, have a look at info modprobe,
info modules.conf and similar.

Hope that helps,
Kenneth