[linux-dvb] Newbie question about DVB to TS/PS stream

Andy Duplain wrote:

>>dvbstream doesn't do any transformation, except the ts2ps one (from
>>libdvb) that is old
>>and that you should never use.
>>If you search on google some draft of ISO 13818-1 you will
>>find all the informations you need.
>>
>>Mencoder, TCVP and Vlc can already remux from TS to PS, so
>>you can integrate the theory with working sources.
>>

>Thank you Nico - I am reading the ISO spec now.  Having said I don't want to
>blindly reuse someone else's code, it makes little sence to re-invent the
>wheel, so does anyone have any recommendations for a small lightweight
>library that will accomplish the task for me?

small-lightweight and mpeg are words that don't go along at all,
especially when dealing with TS.

Maybe out of the three programs above the most programmable is vlc,
but I'm not sure at all.
TCVP works very well, too, but I don't know if it's even programmable.

There's also the (librarized ?) replex, but I could never make it work
(reason
why I rewrote mencoder's ps muxer).

Good luck :)

 Sponsor:

 Corsi on line per tutte le età e per tutte le esigenze, trova il tuo cliccando qui

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3534&d=15-7