[linux-dvb] ATSC card with 2 RF inputs.

I am unable to answer this question after reading the DVB
API so I need some guidance.

The DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-Q card had two RF input
connectors and the ability to select either one of them.
There is no difference between the capabilities of the RF
connectors. How does the application program select one or
the other of these connectors, by that I mean what DVB API
call is used by the application program? v4l handles this
as another input. Does DVB support something like an
antenna switch that might be an appropriate model for this
situation?

I do have a proposed solution, but I don't really like it.

First some background. The Windows software provided by the
card manufacturer pretends that the two inputs have
different characteristics. It uses OTA and Cable in the
provided interface program to select both the tuner channel
frequency table and corresponding RF input. It makes some
sense in that one RF connector is labeled ANT and the other
is labeled CABLE.

I prefer a general purpose interface so that either input
can be used with either VSB or QAM. This is because cable
TV can use either VSB or QAM. My proposed solution is to
modify the current lgdt3302 driver to select the ANT input
when 8VSB is selected or the CABLE input when QAM64 /
QAM256 is selected. This is a small change.

I look forward to getting your feedback on this.

--Mac