[linux-dvb] Re: CA_ZAP/DVB libs

On Thursday 07 July 2005 19:01, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> >>Having sublibraries will keep confusion to an utmost maximum,
> >
> > I assume you mean minimum here :)
>
> Sure no doubt .. I am not saying we need to have a lib for everything,
> but we are at a position where we do not know exactly, what DVB hardware
> might look like at all.. :-) So we should have some sort of a generic
> base on which future expansions could be done, rather than pulling it
> apart everytime something has to be done. Even if it would have to be
> done, in a split way, the effort required there would be minimal.
>
> A possible way i considered was,
>
> 1) a parser
> 2) conditional access (Common Interface or UnCommon Interface) ;-)
> 3) configs
> 4) api specific

I have one other to add to that - misc shared utilities... I've been doing
some exploratory work with dvbsak, and I've put "bitstream" in there since
its nice and generic. I've also extracted the dvbcfg_util string parsing
stuff and moved it there as well.

I'm going to have a go at seeing how feasible dvbsak really is tonight by
re-implementing part of the SI code using it.