[linux-dvb] TechniSat Skystar 1 CI (Twinhan clone) ca_zap notworking

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 17:57 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Manu Abraham <manu@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> is a CAM support in latest versions. It is not working with Twinhan
> >> because (as I understand) VLC uses different API (low-level?) but
> >> all needed information is already prepared.
> >
> > Reversing the processed information might be a herculean task, so i
> > would say that a write from scratch to create a CA_PMT object is the
> > best ..
>
> I guess that VLC creates a CA_PMT messages (i.e. an APDU) which is
> encapsulated in a SPDU (session level) which is encapsulated in a TPDU
> (transport level) and sent to the CAM.
Indeed.

> To support High level CI, you'll have to plug something in VLC to send
> the CA_PMT before the encapsulation done at session level.
I have this code written allready, but for some unknown reason it does
not work. Neither does ca_zap, so I really do not have anything to test
with. I heard talks about some bugs in some parser related to ca_zap,
and desided to delay my work untill that was sorted out.

Sigmund