[linux-dvb] Nebula card conflicting with foxconn motherboard?

On Sunday 03 July 2005 14:58, Robin Marlow wrote:
> Now i can tune and dvbstream to file perfectly, but if i stream to
> mplayer i get terrible interference.  I've concluded there must be some
> kind of conflict with my video card.

Could possibly be that your board is enabling the athlon power saving bit
by default. Try disabling it with athcool. You'll need acpi support for
this.

> Or alternately  are any of the different digicards going to be any
> better for load on the pci bus as i've sure i could sell on my nebula?

The nebula has an analogue composite input though. You won't find it in
many other cards. However if I was now getting a dvb-t card knowing what I
know now about these things (unlike when I should've known a year ago) I'd
just go with some hi-speed usb2.0 box instead. At least those don't have
the funky irq problems (but you'll probably get some other driver problems
in trade).