[linux-dvb] Nebula card conflicting with foxconn motherboard?

Thanks to your sterling efforts I have had my nebula card working
beautifully for over a year as a myth box working nicely along side a
pvr350.
This was in a Dell P3 1Ghz & it was powerfull enough to record & do most
stuff, but transcoding took forever & it was awfully noisy - so a few
weks ago i decided to upgrade.  I bought a Sempron 2600 & an abit
motherboard, but i found that it didn't support the processor without a
bios upgrade, which i obviously couldn't do, So ended up with a foxconn
winfast nforce3 250 board as that was the only one i could find that
explictly stated it worked with a 2600.

Now i just can't get the thing to work!
	Previously it all worked beautifully on 2.6.7, but anything less than
2.6.9 doesn't have the sata drivers i need,  And for some reason
anything >2.6.9 steadfastly refuses to find my frontend (nxt6000).  but
that's ok - i'll just use 2.6.9!

Now i can tune and dvbstream to file perfectly, but if i stream to
mplayer i get terrible interference.  I've concluded there must be some
kind of conflict with my video card.

They are on separate IRQs,  latency of the nebula card seems to
initialise at 32, and i have tried increasing that up to 255 with no
effect, or also decreasing the nvidia card down to 64.
I have shuffled the card in to every other slot (alhough it seems
determined to be on either IRQ 3,5 or 7),  tried other graphics cards,
Used pci=noacpi nolacpi as kernel options,  but i can't get a clean
signal whilst watching it, or any other recording.

I am at my wits end,  i am concluding that there is some base
unresolvable conflict between the motherboard and my card as i have put
the old machine together and it works just as it did.

So in the absence of any bright ideas anyone has about what i'm doing
wrong,  can someone suggest a motherboard that _will_ work with my
nebula card & preferably my sempron 2600 as i've got it now!

Or alternately  are any of the different digicards going to be any
better for load on the pci bus as i've sure i could sell on my nebula?

many thanks,

Robin Marlow
-=-=-
Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to get it back in.
		-- H.R. Haldeman
-=-=-