[linux-dvb] My Twinhan DVB-T CI won't tune

Jukka Tastula wrote:
> On Monday 20 June 2005 01:30, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>I am running 2.6.12-rc5 without any problems, i will check it up with
>>2.6.12 though ..
>
> Now running 2.6.12-rc5 and the same messages are still there. Can't really
> tell if it is causing any problems at all, though. It just fills the logs.

Tell me, how often do you see the "bailout from previous error"
message.. ? Does this hinder the speed of your zap/scan ?

What that means is that an i2c communication failed , and is retrying
for the same. ..

How often does this messages appear for you ? During a scan or a szap .. ?
I presume it is during a scan only..

To cross-verify it, i had a posted a set of patches a while earlier
today .. The last patch logically reduces the chance for that error.
Can you try that out too.. ? But you would require the entire set of
patches to be applied to test that out .. The patches are against a
vanilla 2.6.12-rc6/2.6.12 or against the CVS as nothing much changed in
CVS regarding dst in between rc6 and 2.6.12 ..

Now is it specific to your card, you are seeing this error too often, or
everyone is seeing this too often.. The reason why i ask is, on all my 4
variants, it happens in the case when trying to tune to a non-existant
frequency/polarity..

Is it the same case with you ?

Would it be better if i just ignore these errors ? And make it dependant
upon the debug module parameter ?

Manu