[linux-dvb] DVB file formats

On Thursday 16 June 2005 12:42, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > BTW: I was thinking last night. Do we actually need to know all the PMT
> > entries for the services.
> >
> > On the sample for a channel, I have:
> >
> > Where I was expecting there to be a line for each entry in the PMT.
> >
> > However, the only reason for having this information is to speed up lock
> > times. We don't actually need information on _every_ ES - just the last
> > audio/video ES that the user selected. The rest can be pulled from the
> > PMT once the channel is up and running. Comments?
>
> You need he pcr pid, too, but other pids are superflous for fast
> zapping (well, maybe + ac3 pid).

Ah k, have added the PCR PID.

Wouldn't the AC3 pid be the same as the audio PID though? I mean - the user
wouldn't want to play a non-AC3 audio stream AND an ac3 stream at the same
time?

I've updated the wiki with the latest round of ideas, including the following:

zap_pids = <video_pid> <video_type> <audio_pid> <audio_type> <pcr_pid>

Would that do what you want? or does it need tweaked...