[linux-dvb] syslog: av7110_fw_request: timeout waiting for HANDSHAKE_REG - What does this mean?

> Not quite. VDR starts instantly here. At least the OSD. It takes ~ one
> second for the video to show up, but that's fine I guess ;) Maybe you
> got to recompile VDR? I don't know. I got vdr-1.3.25 and a glibc
> compiled against the headers of kernel 2.6.11 if that matters. The
> kernel is a regular 2.6.11.12.

I have VDR start up with an init.d script at boot.  So, when the computer
starts, so does VDR.  This is when it takes the extra 4-5 seconds.  After the
machine is started, I can restart VDR and it starts up like it did before.  Its
just the initial startup that takes longer (when the drivers load up for the
first time).  I am using 2.6.12-rc6 with CVS.  But, I would rather have a longer
initial load time than the HANDSHAKE errors :)

Best Regards,