[linux-dvb] applying freeze patch

freegazer wrote:
> while I am not a complete n00b to linux I am having some issues
> attempting to apply the Twinhan dvb-freeze patch from a couple of
> months ago.
> has the DVB module cvs-head already incorporated these changes or does
> it still need to be applied manually.

The freeze-patch was against bttv in v4l, not in DVB. So it depends
which version of v4l/kernel you are using..

if you are using a kernel >= 2.6.11.8 or kernel >= 2.6.12-rc3, the
freeze fix is in there..
The freeze fix went in to 2.6.11.8 and 2.6.12-rc3.

If you happen to be using a kernel < 2.6.12-rc4, you would be needing
the timing fix too..
The timing fix went in to 2.6.12-rc4, i think (or was it rc5 ?)

If you happen to be on 2.6.12-rc6, you would not require mostly anything
at all as most of the changes are in there..
The latest changes in CVS went in to rc6.

> also i know this is a basic question but, will I need to re-compile
> the patched kernel or should it just go on next boot into the patched
> kernel?

You will need to recompile the kernel, since the kernel is patched.

Manu