[linux-dvb] applying freeze patch

while I am not a complete n00b to linux I am having some issues
attempting to apply the Twinhan dvb-freeze patch from a couple of
months ago.
has the DVB module cvs-head already incorporated these changes or does
it still need to be applied manually.
also i know this is a basic question but, will I need to re-compile
the patched kernel or should it just go on next boot into the patched
kernel?

--
<signature block>
Rule #35