[linux-dvb] Johannes' idea of simple zap (szap)

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Yep, if somebody is having a patch to extract service_id from dvbscan to
> channels.conf, i will drop my patch to scan, which adds service_id just after
> audio_pid. A few people have tested it out too without hitches..

If we would create a new szap - I like dvbzap (following dvbscan) - what
about using the channels.conf-format from VDR. I think it stores the
service_id and other useful things. (When doing it, we also could think of
parameter-constellation for ATSC channels for VDR).

We then could create a small lib which parses the file and maybe Klaus
would use it too. Or we just add changes to dvbzap when they appear.

Would it be reasonable to add the ca_zap-functionality to such a dvbzap?

Patrick.