[linux-dvb] My Twinhan DVB-T CI won't tune

Einar Bjarni Halld?rsson wrote:
>>Einar Bjarni Halld?rsson wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I finally got my hands on a DVB card, and have started what is becoming
>>>a very interesting proccess of getting it to work. Had to jump through a
>>>couple of hoops to get the dst module to recognize it as a DVB-T and not
>>>a DVB-S (the default KnoppMyth R5A16 install wouldn't budge on this
>>>issue). Since then I've tried kernels 2.6.10 , 2.6.11.11 and 2.6.12-rc5
>>>with the CVS version of dvb-kernel, but with similar results. The card
>>>get's recognized as a DVB-T and the CI module is recognized, but when I
>>>try to get dvbscan to do it's thing, I get "tuning failed" and a bunch
>>>of error messages in dmesg.
>>>
>>>I've seen people have similar problems in the mailing list archives, but
>>>I was wondering if there is any progress in finding a solution.
>>Which card model do you have ?
>>

> I have a TwinhanDTV Ter-CI

You have the Manufacturer and the Card type, but no Card model..
The card model starts with VP-XXXXXX

>>Your card has tuning problems due to i2c communication problems. This
>>has bee fixed with the bttv patch i posted a while back.. Please do test
>>it out whether it solves your communication problems..
>>
>>This patch can be applied against the bttv in 2.6.11.x.
>>

>>Changelog:
>>
>>Attached is a patch to bttv which fixes the following problems.
>>

> I tried kernel 2.6.12-rc5, which has the patch, and it didn't work. I just
> got the same error.

A few possibilities that could exist ..

(1) The card model is not supported by the driver..
(2) You are doing something wrong..
(3) Some bugs in the driver..

Option (3) is less likely as i haven't seen the error what you have,
with any others. Or is anybody having the very same error.. ?

Manu