[linux-dvb] Newbie questions, and more...

Hi.

I'm new to the list (and hacking DVB-S), so bear with me.

I was wondering which of the supported/listed cards are compatible
with US FTA (and DSS) satellites.  The table doesn't distinguish one
way or another on the website's Wiki page.

I've found the Chaintech/Visionplus cards locally.  They seem to both
use the 878A chip (Connexant? Brooktree?).

I also tried to compile the latest 1.1.1 drivers from the website on
Fedora 3 (Linux 2.6.9-1) but had some compilation errors (some of which
I managed to fix, but not the bit about open(), close(), lseek(), and
read() being called in a kernel module...  what's going on there??).

I guess I'll try to figure out how to set up CVS next and try those
sources instead.

Also, assuming I don't care about MPEG decoding in hardware, but
want (a) HDTV support and (b) streaming as MPEG-over-IP/IPTV to a
remote player... what are good cards?  And is there a wrapper
process to do this that supports this and also does UPnP tuning?

Or is that something I need to write myself?

I looked briefly on the Wiki, but didn't see anything about UPnP.

Oh, and how many cards support decoding more than 1 channel
simultaneously?

Thanks,

-Philip