[linux-dvb] Lost lock problems over extended periods of time

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> It seems I only need to set the tone when it loses lock. Here is my current
> hack:
> When it dies, I see the following in dmesg:
> DVB: LOST LOCK - attempting retune
> DVB: REGAINED LOCK WITH SIMPLE TONE setting
>
> So what the hell would cause that? I've got printks in the
> set_tone()/set_voltage()/etc functions, and nothing is calling them. All it
> does once the initial lock is gained is request the frontend lock status.

Which frontend driver, iirc stv0299?

If some code would write to register 0x08, it might turn off the 22kHz
tone. Check whether the corresponding register has been modified.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/