[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:04:50PM +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >
> > The easiest and most robust fix would be to abort OSDSetBlock and
> > restart from the beginning. Can we tell the firmware to abort the
> > current bitmap transfer?
> >
> > We could set IRQ_STATE_EXT = TX_LEN = TX_BUFF = 0 in DATA_BMP_LOAD, if
> > the firmware would accept that. Any comments?
>
> AFAIS this does not work, the firmware polls for the data
> amount which is simply provided by the requested OSD size.
> With 0x261d after 3 seconds a reset is done if not finished.

3 seconds is too long if we have to wait.
We need a way to abort the current transfer.

Couldn't the firmware be modified to execute timeout actions
_immediately_ if length_received != length_expected?

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/