[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:53:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Dienstag 07 Juni 2005 21:04, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > If I understood this -ERESTARTSYS thing correctly, the interrupted ioctl
> > will be automagically restarted when the user space signal handler has
> > completed.
> >
> > Signals can occur anytime, so the driver is broken and has to be fixed.
> >
> > The easiest and most robust fix would be to abort OSDSetBlock and
> > restart from the beginning. Can we tell the firmware to abort the
> > current bitmap transfer?
>
> My idea would be: on entry of OSDSetBlock: if there is a current transfer,
> wait for it to finish, call ReleaseBitmap and start all over.

This does not work.  The OSD commands are queued by the
firmware upto the point where the data load is done.

       Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958