[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:25:23PM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Dienstag 07 Juni 2005 11:38, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > More interesting would be the signal handlers, but I'm not sure you
> > can call syslog() from a signal handler.
> > You could try to run vdr with strace, e.g.:
> > $ strace -e kill,alarm -f ./vdr
>
> if I understand man 7 signal right, SIGRTMIN is used by LinuxThreads.
> grepping vdr for SIGRTMIN shows nothing.

IMHO SIGRTMIN is uninteresting because it is used by linux_threads
to wake up threads sleeping on a mutex only (which is implemented
using sigsuspend). So it will not interrupt a syscall. (I could
be wrong here, though...)

cat strace.out | grep SIG | grep -v SIGRTMIN

Or use a system with NPTL.

Johannes