[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Dienstag 07 Juni 2005 01:42, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Sure, but it should not happen unless vdr was killed.
>
> this happens here repeatably (not always) if I switch to a TV
> channel with DD and vdr starts a transfer thread for handling
> that audio stream.

Where does the DD stream go? Does vdr fork a process
to handle it?

> please tell me what I should check. Would it make sense to add
> debug output whenever vdr calls signal()? Are there other signal
> sources I should watch?

More interesting would be the signal handlers, but I'm not sure you
can call syslog() from a signal handler.
You could try to run vdr with strace, e.g.:
$ strace -e kill,alarm -f ./vdr

> root@mm:/var/log# cat /proc/interrupts

...is irrelevant in this context.

Johannes