[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 05:51:21PM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> That works nicely so far. Should I try to find out what signal was interrupting?
> How could I do that? I know almost nothing about kernel programming.

Hm, I know vdr is using signals to "wake up" threads which are blocked
waiting for I/O. The question is if there's more code in the driver
which causes problems when interrupted. (This means someone needs
to grep for "_interruptible" and check if the interrupt is handled
correctly.)

BlitBitmap() looks suspicous, too, in other cases it is OK to
just return -ERESTARTSYS so the call will be retried. I guess
this would also make sense for LoadBitmap(), but not for
BlitBitmap() because the OSD_SetBlock command needs to call
them both in proper sequence.

Johannes